Did you know that from April 21st Google will start ranking mobile-friendly (responsive) websites higher in searches on phones or tablets.
What does this mean?
Mobile search makes up nearly 30% of all searches done on Google. From April 21st, searches from mobile devices will show websites that are mobile-friendly higher up the results than those which are not.
Will my website be affected?
It depends on two things:
- How much traffic on your website is mobile? If you have Google Analytics on your website you can quickly work this out
- Is your website mobile-friendly? Google has built a tool to test your website’s mobile compatability. Simple input your domain name and it will run a mobile test for you.
What if it is not mobile-friendly?
If the majority of your traffic to your website is from mobile searches and you don’t pass the Google mobile test then you can:
- Ask your developer to start optimizing your website for mobile (here is aguide you can pass onto them)
- Get Webafrica to redesign your website, for only R499 per month, in just two weeks
What Webafrica can offer you:
- A professionally designed mobile-friendly website
- Expert copywriters who will rewrite all your copy to make sure it is SEO-friendly
- Free Hosting and unlimited email accounts
- Monthly reporting on how your website is doing
- Integration with your social media accounts
- And so much more!
Basically a brand new website in just 2 weeks, all for just R499 per month – what a bargain!
If you’d like to talk to one of our friendly website experts for more information call us on 086 000 9580 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.