For those, including us until a few months ago (don’t be ashamed – Webafrica will always love you) who are not quite sure what we’re talking about – a Vlog is a video blog… you see what they did there – video + blog equals Vlog.
The primary reasons for any business to vlog, in this industry and others, is simply to allow you to reach your target market in a fun, informative and interactive way. It ensures opportunities to communicate your business core values, goals and culture to all who surf the Web.
Vlogging has proven to be one of the more effective marketing tools around, with YouTube being the most used platform to aid the objective of catapulting your business into that next level of super awesomeness.
Getting your message to your audience has never been this easy! A vlog allows you to interact with your target audience in a way which is focused, relevant, personal and engaging. Have a difficult concept to explain? Just vlog about it! The best part is that posting a vlog on YouTube doesn’t have to cost you an arm and a leg the way TV would.
Not entirely convinced? Here are 5 reasons to Vlog:
- Easy To Do:
- No need to be videographer/video editor of the year
- Your cell phone could be used to capture your video (given the tech advances of cell phones these days, this should be easy to use)
- YouTube has made it easy to edit for that professional look and or that dramatic effect, depending on your objectives 😉
- All you really need to get started is a Smart Phone. A Laptop would be a bonus (you can edit in YouTube’s video creator) but it’s not essential.
- Adds a Personal Touch:
- Videos definitely provide the more intimate approach
- Now the public has a chance to meet the people behind the scenes in your business
- Allows for informal brand messages to be communicated consistently
- Builds a positive relationship with current and potential customers – provided that you present quality and informative content
- Build brand loyalty and awareness
- Show Off Your Expertise:
- Allows you to share your knowledge with the public in meaningful ways
- Provide insider tips /hacks / best practices/ how-To’s / Do’s and Don’ts, etc.
- Share all types of information about the business and what it has to offer
- Builds public trust in your brand by providing valuable information as content for your Vlog
- Reach a Wider Audience:
- Fun fact: YouTube is the #2 ranking search engine in the world
- The public searches for service information and product insight more than ever before. Vlogs allow your content to reach a wide spectrum of audiences.
- Most Vloggers use YouTube (other vlogging sites include Vimeo and Dailymotion)
- Increases your online presence – The more meaningful content you add to your vlog the more your online visibility will increase
- Unlimited Sharing:
- Social networks on every platform allow your viewers to share your content with their friends
- This gives your Vlog the potential to reach audiences exponentially, and organically
- It makes for great word-of-mouth marketing with automatic peer recommendation
- Create engaging content to make those clients want to share it with others – keep it informative, helpful, easy to understand and entertaining
To view how Webafrica Vlogs visit our YouTube channel now and don’t forget to hit !
More importantly, know that #WebafricaCares and enjoy!