In case you didn’t know by now, we’re giving away an 11.6-inch Macbook Air worth R13 000 on our Facebook page this Friday. To enter click here and then share the competition with your friends on Facebook and Twitter for extra entries.
Want to get more excited about the possibility of winning a Macbook Air? Here are 10 reasons why we think this laptop is awesome:
1. It’s incredibly small and lightweight: the 11-inch Macbook Air weighs only 1 kg and is 30 cm long, which means it’s way more portable than other laptops.
2. Decent battery life of up to nine hours (and eight hours of movie watching on iTunes)
3. It’s beautifully designed, like all Apple products.
4. There’s faster Wi-Fi than with previous models: MacBook Air now supports ultra-fast 802.11ac Wi-Fi. When connected to an 802.11ac base station — including the new AirPort Extreme and AirPort Time Capsule — wireless performance is up to three times faster than with the previous generation of MacBook Air.
5. Latest Intel Core processors: Intel Core i5 and i7 processors make the new MacBook Air up to 2.5 times faster than before.
6. Great keyboard: despite the MacBook Air’s slimness, it still features a full-size keyboard which is easy and comfortable to type on. The keyboard is also backlit, which means you can type in dim light (the sensor detects low light conditions and lights up the keyboard).
7. Faster all-flash storage: Part of what makes MacBook Air so responsive is that it’s designed entirely around flash storage (the one we’re giving away has 128GB). Not only does this make MacBook Air much lighter and more portable than traditional notebooks, it also provides faster access to data. When you open a Macbook Air, it’s ready to go in an instant, and it launches apps quickly, which means you get more work (or play) done.
8. Thunderbolt and USB: with the fast Thunderbolt port, you can connect your MacBook Air to the latest devices and displays, like the Apple Thunderbolt Display. The MacBook Air also comes with two USB 3 ports.
9. LED-backlit display: the display is only 4.86 millimetres thin, yet its 1366 x 768 pixel resolution makes you feel like you’re looking at a larger screen. The LED backlighting makes colours bright.
10. Multi-touch trackpad: the Macbook Air’s glass trackpad wins high praise (some say it’s the best laptop trackpad around). The multi-touch gestures you can use range from a three-finger swipe to activate Mission Control or a four-finger pinch to see all your apps in Launchpad, and responses are smooth and realistic.
11. It’s a great all-round laptop if you’re on the go and want something more than an iPad: it’s small, light, fast and has better processing power.